Temporarily relieves itching associated with minor skin irritation, inflammation, and rashes due to: eczema; psoriasis; poison ivy, oak, sumac; insect bites; detergents; jewelry; cosmetics; soaps; seborrheic dermatitis. Temporarily relieves external anal and genital itching. Other uses of this product should only be under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
For itching of skin irritation, inflammation, and rashes:
- Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
- Children under 2 years of age: Ask a doctor
For external anal and genital itching, adults:
- When practical, clean the affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly
- Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or a soft cloth before applying
- Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 12 years of age: Ask a doctor
For external use onlyDo not use:
- In the genital area if you have vaginal discharge. Consult a doctor.
- For the treatment of diaper rash. Consult a doctor.
When using this product:
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Do not use more than directed unless told to do so by a doctor
- Do not put directly into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Condition worsens, symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, and do not begin use of any other hydrocortisone product unless you have asked a doctor
- Rectal bleeding occurs
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC